Saturday, March 17, 2012

A possible business idea...

Last year, I made a large stained glass piece for my sister and her husband for their Wedding present. I had done several panels in the past, but this was by far the largest of them. It is approximately 11x17 and is supposed to be the Tuscan Hillside since my sister and her husband like wine.



While making it, I had to alter the design a little. My original plan did not have a cloud, but since I couldn't get a long enough piece for the sky, I had to create a cloud above the highest hill. I also had planned on having another bunch of grapes on the left side of the table, and the cheese would have been located more toward the bottom. The reason that I changed that part of the design was so the table would look like a table (with the grain all going the same direction). I also made the necks and base of the wine glass using wire for the same reason. Another thing I did to save time was that instead of cutting every piece of field individually, I just put the copper foil on top of the glass to make the rows in the fields.



My sister gets comments on it all of the time, so I must have done a good job ;)

1 comment:

  1. Jon, your stained glass work is wonderful and I especially like the Tuscan wine field piece. You're right, that sort of present would great for a wedding present and you could change it up to whatever the couple is interested in. Good idea, you should run with that!

    Thanks for visiting my wicker weaving blog and answering my question as to what type of clouds my pictures were of. You were correct, they were Status Undulatus, because it did NOT rain afterwards, only before much earlier in the morning.

    The Wicker Woman-Cathryn Peters
    http://www.WickerWoman.com/blog

    ReplyDelete