Monday, March 26, 2012

A Dead Baby Chicken & A New Hobby

I went out to check on the new baby chickens this morning and found that the runt had died within an hour before I went out there. So now I am down to five Welsummer chickens. I also decided to start a new hobby today. I went to the local Joann Fabrics and bought myself a loom, weaving needle, and some yarn made from a blend of lamb's wool and easy-care acrylic. Since I wanted to make a bi-color hotpad, I chose black and pumpkin color since I knew the first one I made would be mine (I went to Oregon State). It turned out quite nice and now I have a hotpad for a Halloween party or a football party if the Beavers ever make it to the Rose Bowl again. It is about 6" by 6", and I plan on making a slightly larger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment