Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A new kind of hot pad

A few weeks ago, I was thinking about what I could try creating with rope when the idea of making a hot pad came to mind. So I went down to Home Depot to get myself some Manila rope due to its heat resistant properties. I also bought some wool yarn from a fabric store to fasten the rope together...

This was the first one I made

Yes, I know that it isn't perfectly divided into four equal quarters, but as the Amish say: "Man cannot be perfect." I will be making a pot holder with the same two colors to go with it. I decided that I wanted to try to create a set.

This is the second one I made

The second one was supposed to be round also as I made it on a round loom, but when I took it off the loom, it tried to become square. Lesson learned: just use a square or rectangle loom next time.

Which one do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment