Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Years Resolution for 2013

I recently remembered an article I saw in the Statesman Journal back in 2010. (You can read the story here: Forest Grove couples goal 10 years 208 state parks) It got me thinking, what cool travel goal within Oregon can I make for a new years resolution. So, in trying to keep things realistic, here's what I came up with:

1. Visit 52 different [named] waterfalls.
(5/2/2013 Update: so far I have only seen 4)

2. Visit 12 different state parks.
(5/2/2013 Update: so far I have only seen 7)

3. Visit 4 of the major regions of Oregon outside the one I live in (The Coast, Southern Oregon, Central Oregon, Columbia River Gorge, and/or Eastern Oregon).
(5/2/2013 Update: I haven't even been to one yet)

4. Kayak down two streams.
(5/2/2013 Update: I haven't even kayaked one stream yet)

5. Stand above the treeline of a major Cascade Range mountain (such as Mount Hood).
(5/2/2013 Update: I haven't been to a mountain yet to do that)


~71 total things to see/do~

Due to going to Silver Falls State Park yesterday, I have seen 4 named waterfalls (South, Frenchie, Upper North, and North Falls) and visited one state park. Five down, 66 to go; and only 51 weeks, 5 days to finish. You can bet I will be using the Travel Oregon website to help me find some of those waterfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment