Saturday, May 18, 2013

Linn County Lamb & Wool Festival

I first heard about this festival near the end of last summer, so I figured I'd give it a look-see this year. Each day, it has different events going on, such as a parade down the main street of Scio. I arrived shortly after the parade and parked in a church parking lot a few blocks away from all the action. My first target was the Junior High School gym that was where they had quilts, as I like to look at the geometrical ones.  Below are a few of my favorites:





 



The next stop was where the main part of the fair was held to look at the animals and check out the booths. Unfortunately, I didn't see any sheep at that time and the booths didn't carry anything of interest to me.



After moseying around for a while at this place and that, I went across the creek to see the wool show only to find out that they wouldn't start until 7:00 p.m. and it was entirely vacant. So no lambs or wool, save for the lamb burgers that a booth was selling. Some festival this turned out to be, I was under the impression that sheep and wool for sale were going to be there the whole 3 days. Before deciding to leave as it was raining, I went across the street to check out the old tractors next to the Scio Veterans Memmorial.




No comments:

Post a Comment