Monday, May 13, 2013

Diamond Lake fishing trip

Saturday, two days ago, I went fishing at Diamond Lake, a popular lake in the Oregon Cascades flanked by two mountains on each side. One of these mountains, Mount Thielsen, has always been one of my favorite mountains due to it's shape. The other is Mount Bailey, which is somewhat dome-shaped. Anyway, now that the Tui Chub is once again eradicated from the lake, the fishing is great. Although it took me five hours before I finally landed a Rainbow Trout that was of average size, other people were catching them quite often. Some of the trout that were caught were 20 inches or more! Overall, it was a good day to go fishing at the lake. A pair of Bald Eagles came over around noon to give us a show as they attempted at grabbing a trout from the lake. In all my years at going to Diamond Lake, I have never seen Bald Eagles there before. It is nice that they are making a comeback

 Mount Bailey in the morining

 Mount Thielsen in the morning

 Reflection of Mount Thielsen

Bald Eagle (center) 

Mount Thielsen in the afternoon

1 comment: