Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finally, some pictures of the fruit that is ripe

We have two small patches of strawberries that are of mixed variety where I live. I know that some of them are the sweet and juicy Hood variety (my favorite). [By 'We' I mean my parents as I am living with them while paying off my student loans and trying to get back on my feet so-to-speak]

 
 


We also have several rows of blueberries (of which only three bushes are producing ripe berries so far)



The cherry trees are starting to produce quite a bit, but it is always a battle between us and the birds to get them first. One year the birds ate all of the cherries off of our old tree while we were on vacation. Sadly, we had to cut that big tree down as it was rotting from the inside out.


I also made another hotpad this morning (the harvest colored one) since I need something to keep me busy until I go back to the cannery. The other one I made on Memorial Day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment