Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oregon AgFest 2013

This morning I went to the Oregon AgFest at the Oregon State Fairgrounds since I have never gone before. They had all sorts of things on display and to learn about. What interested me most were the animals and old tractors. Starting with the John Deere Tractor...


 I liked this tractor for the plow at the back.

 It's not often that I get to see a horse-drawn anything out here in Oregon; so when I saw these two hooked up, I had to get a picture.

 All of the goats you see below are Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats from Blythmoor Farms. Since I never heard of Dwarf Goats, I mistook them for Pygmy Goats at first.
 
If you look closely, the goats' eyes have turned blue from the camera.




While there were sheep, a few chickens and rabbits, I tended to skip them is they weren't anything special. As for the llama in the picture below, I took its picture over the other four because I have never seen a llama with so much white fur (I even mistook it for an alpaca)


The two calfs above wanted to meet everyone, especially the black and white one.

The calf above was camera shy -- it kept turning it's head away.

This is 'Nosey' and supposedly she is a Brown Swiss 

 I'm not quite sure why, but this nice looking truck was on display in one of the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment