Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Time for some traveling

After school yesterday, I decided to tour part of the route I am creating for my book I am working on as it was sunny (even though it was supposed to rain). So with my map and camera with me, I drove some of the back roads of Marion County to find out which roads offer the best views and oldest family-owned farms - the ones that are called Century Farms. I also look for roads that travel past places such as county and state parks, small towns where they can refuel and eat at a local cafe, and even drive over covered bridges.

So anyway, here are a few my favorite pictures from yesterday:

 One of my favorite newly-made barns I have seen in the valley.

 A nice older barn that needs some painting...or not.

 A nice sign for a quaint cemetery east of Salem.

 A well-hidden semi-public reservoir that only the Silverton residents know about. I was lucky enough to talk to one  of those locals and get this picture of the lone house on the lake.

 A farm overlooking the colorful Silver Creek Canyon.

 Mount Hood rising above the hillside near Silverton.

 An oddity of the 1940's - the sign to the left of the door says 1946 Springbrook. It would be interesting to see what is inside.

Mount Hood rising above the Fall foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment