Monday, April 30, 2012

Yesterday I went with a group to the Silverton Reservoir for the first kayaking trip of the year. Due to a miscalculation of how long it would take me to get there and how long it would take to pump air into my inflatable kayak, I was on the lake by 9:20 in the morning.



Since the group I was with wouldn't show up for another half hour, I decided to use the binoculars I had to see some of the birds in the area. I had not expected to see Osprey so close to the town of Silverton even though I know they live near lakes. Being on the lake that early had other benefits as well. I was able to take pictures of the lake when it was still smooth.


Once everyone showed up, we decided to go up the creek so we could possibly see the lowest waterfall, but after half a mile upstream, we turned back since the current was strong enough to keep us from going any further.






Overall it was a great day to be on the lake--not too hot, cold, or windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment